Tuesday 30 July 2013

I thought I'd start by sharing my entry into this month's Clarity Stamp challenge 'I do like to be beside the seaside' http://claritystampchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/challenge-5.html
I altered a £1 mirror frame from IKEA.  I used the Clarity Stamps beach set, clarity card, core'dinations card, promarkers, stickles, acrylic paint and some sandpaper (£1 bargain from Wilkinsons).  I got more texture into the sandpaper and cardstock by tearing it. The core'dinations is great for this as you get the contrasting colour when you tear.
I really enjoyed doing this challenge, especially because I love anything to do with the seaside!

4 comments:

  1. Saw your post about your blog on UKS and as Im an avid blogger and blog reader thought Id pop along for a look

    Love your mirror. I love anything to do with the seaside and this is just fab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzy. It's great to get feedback from fellow crafters and be able to inspire and be inspired by other! I'm off to have a look at your blog now! Many thanks

      Delete
  2. I love your mirror - I have one of these for altering but just can't figure out what to do with it! Yours is fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane! They really lend themselves to altering as they have such a wide frame. I first altered one at an AFTH workshop with Dyan years ago where we did lots of different effects on MDF tiles and stuck them on, it looked really stunning. I went and bought a load from IKEA after that so still had one waiting when I came to make my beach scene!

      Delete