Monday 30 September 2013

A Sizzix Halloween

Hi all!

Well, Halloween is in a month's time and my friend Albert gets very excited about Halloween as we always have a party.  We have a month of it at his house and we are decorating tonight - no room gets left undecorated...we do everywhere: the lounge, office, kitchen, bathroom, loo and bedrooms!  It takes hours but always looks fab!

So, in order to celebrate I made him this:
It does have glass but I had to take it out to take the photo as otherwise there's too much glare!  I used the Tim Holtz Bigz die with the Raven and Cat on it with the Sizzix Halloween and barbed wire embossing folders. I cut the barbed wire embossing out of mirror card which I think worked really well.  The background is purple glitter card which works well with the orange on the embossing which I sanded back.  I used some stick on clear gems which I coloured with promarkers for the Raven and Cat's eyes, I put both of these on 3d foam pads.. The frame is a black Malm box frame from IKEA and cost about £4.  These frames are great as you can use them for 3d projects and they do them in different finishes.

1 comment: