Thursday, 10 October 2013

Spellbinders Die D-lites Picture

Hi all!

I have just completed this for my friend Annie's Birthday:

I used Spellbinders Die D-Lites Blooms 1, 2, 3, 4 and Sprigs 1 and 2.  I cut them out of a brights DCWV 12 x 12" card stack.  I used an embossing mat and large ball tool to work the backs of the die cut flowers to give them shape and dimension.  I then layered them up with sillicone glue and added flat back pearls to the centres of some.  I got this frame:  IKEA RIBBA frame which is a brilliant box frame and only £3.50.  It does have glass in it but it's not good to take a photo with the glass in!
I'm really pleased with the finished piece and it's cost less than a fiver to make.  The frames are great and they come in black too.  I hope that this inspires someone else to have a go!


  1. What a good idea using these Ikea frames. I can just see them hanging on the wall of a living room. Very nice .

  2. Super project, very pretty flowers. I'm always on the look out for box frames, so thanks for the Ikea tip x