Sunday 31 August 2014

August's Crafter's Companion Challenge - All About School

So, cutting it fine to enter, but here's my entry for the August Challenge at Crafter's Companion - All About School.  I have made a set of three pencil pots which I have photographed with a few of my crafting items in.  They will however, be on my desk at school from Tuesday (I am a Teacher!)





I used this month's download: 'Crafting With Kids' from the Crafter's Companion website.  I printed it off onto Crafters Companion Satin Finish Printer Paper.  (I used the paper rather than Neenah card as paper is much easier to use to wrap the tins.)  It was all printed at 100% apart from the three words on the third tin which I copied and pasted into Word to make them bigger. 

I used three empty dog food tins which had the ring pull openers on them.  This means that there isn't a sharp edge like you get using a can opener!  I cut the papers to 9.8cm wide.  (An A4 sheet is big enough to get two strips to cover two tins.)  I wrapped Crafters Companion Red Liner Tape 6mm around the top and bottom of the tin and then went over it with a glue stick (this allows you some play to move the paper if needed.  It's then permanent when the glue stick dries.)  I covered all three tins like this with two different papers.

On the first tin I used the red spotty paper ribbon and the alphabet paper ribbon. I cut these out and then cut the red spotty one in half length ways.  I glued them onto the tin with the red spotty paper ribbon framing the alphabet one. 

On the second tin I made a rosette using Tim Holtz's 'Decorative Strip' die from Sizzix.  I used the other half of the stripy and dotty ribbon paper that I covered the tin in.  I then used a spotty purple button to finish it off with.  I tied some embroidery thread through the button before I stuck it down as I don't like to use buttons without thread through them as I always think it looks unfinished!  I used Collall 3D Glue Gel to stick the rosette together and onto the tin.

On the third tin I used the wide paper ribbon made up of six thin strips. I cut it into three so each section had two colours on it.  I wrapped these around the tin, evenly spacing them.  I mounted the words onto white with a 1/16" border using my Perfect Layer rulers.  I then stuck these onto the middle of each paper ribbon on the tin again using the Collall Glue Gel.

Finished!  

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you like them, if you do please feel free to leave a comment!


No comments:

Post a Comment