Monday 5 August 2013

Hi all! Today I am sharing what I have sent to my sister in Canada as a 'thank you' for being so fab. I saw the mdf heart blank that I have made the door hanger decoration from in The Range for a pound, bought it, got it home and then decided what to do with it. I'd got some Indigo Blu stamps all based on 'Pride and Prejudice' - a wonderful book. The silhouettes fitted perfectly so I decided to use them. I painted gesso all over the mdf for the base coat to stop the wood absorbing the paint. I then painted the grass, sky and clouds. I allowed enough time to dry before stamping the characters of Mr Darcy and Elizabeth and the title from the  Indigo Blu 'Mr Darcy' set.  I then used Clarity Stamp's Cherry Blossom stamp on the front and the back and the swallows from the Clarity Classrom Set 18.  (There are swallows in the Indigo Blu set, but I felt the size was better with the Clarity ones and the fact that the Clarity ones are clear is much better for positioning.  I used Ranger Archival Black Ink Pad to stamp the images.  I then used a Sharpie black marker to retouch any areas that needed going over.  I used an American Crafts Galaxy marker to colour the leaves on the branches.  After letting the ink dry I used matt varnish all over.  I then went over the leaves with green stickles and Cosmic Shimmer Coloured Pearlescent PVA Glue in Vintage Pink (petals) and Golden Pearl (centres).  When everything was dry, I used some American Crafts stitched grossgrain ribbon to tie a loop which left enough room for a door knob to go through and then tied a bow with a seperate piece at the top of the heart.

To go with the hanger I made her a thank you card.  This is a simple one but I idn't think it needed any fuss as it's such a great large image.  I stamped Stamps away 'Tiddles' in Black Soot Distress Ink when it dried, I then used a very pale green promarker to colour his eyes in, a pale pink promarker for his nose and a burgundy promarker for the collar - that matched my cardstock.  I used a Versamark pen and clear embossing powder to pick out his eyes.  I matted and layered him up and added some ribbon.  I used a thank you stamp that I have had for years from Stampin Up - I love the handwriting style on this stamp.  As I said, a simple card but I think it works well so the image does the talking.


I hope people are enjoying reading my blog, thank you for stopping by. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment